Le 16/08/2012 00:35, Rick Waldron a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Erik Reppen <erik.rep...@gmail.com
> <mailto:erik.rep...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Is consistent type return a heuristic carried over from more
>     strictly-typed paradigms or would it murder performance of the
>     native methods to do the logic required to return something like
>     null in these cases? In a dynamic language, why not focus on more
>     consistent return types across the board for an indicator that you
>     won't be getting particularly handy results?
>

> It would break the web.
I agree and would like to encourage you (Erik) to read the foreword of
my "ECMAScript regrets" project
https://github.com/DavidBruant/ECMAScript-regrets#foreword

The only way forward to "fix" broken parts of JavaScript (like making it
more consistent) is to give up on JavaScript and create a new language
that compiles down to JavaScript. That's my opinion at least.

David