Erik Arvidsson wrote:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Tom Van Cutsem <tomvc...@gmail.com <mailto:tomvc...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    So, my proposal: let's revert the fundamental traps of Handler to
    become abstract methods again. This forces subclasses of Handler
    to provide all fundamentals at once, avoiding the footgun.

Maybe we should skip the derived traps for ES6 and see if the extra allocation really becomes an issue in reality? This way we are keeping the API smaller and the risk of errors lower. We can always add the derived traps later, can't we?

Allocations always matter, in my experience -- even with V8.

Also Tom's point about precision counts, independent of allocations. A "hasOwn" test in the MOP should not call the same thing that Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor calls, if we can help it -- especially without a flag argument to hint the difference, but that flag argument is blecherous anyway.