@Oliver, if you need to retrieve the caller in order to know if it's strict
or not, then everything I've read in this thread becomes kinda pointless :-(
https://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSFunction.cpp#L184

It looks like there's no gain at all using strict and the goal here is
"simply" to get rid of these calls exec->interpreter
()->retrieve*something*FromVMCode(exec, thisObj);

am I wrong? Can I ask when and if it's planned to get rid of this
isStrictMode() method? This, as info, would be definitively valuable ( FF
and Chrome guys welcome to answer to this as well, thanks )