I use the context argument quite a lot in order to be able to recycle those
functions as much as possible so `this` is needed in my case plus map and
filter do not necessary return a new value based on what's in the function.

"abc".split("").map(function(c){return this(c.charCodeAt(0) - 32)},
String.fromCharCode).join("") // ABC

whenever it's a dumb example or not, I don't see that function dangerous,
not serializable, or not pure

my 2 cents