Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 14:21:24 -0800
Subject: Re: (Map|Set|WeakMap)#set() returns `this` ?
From: andrea.giammar...@gmail.com
To: waldron.r...@gmail.com
CC: es-discuss@mozilla.org

IMHO, a set(key, value) should return the value as it is when you address a
value
var o = m.get(k) || m.set(k, v); // o === v
// equivalent of
var o = m[k] || (m[k] = v); // o === v

a set with a key that returns `this` is a non case so almost as useless as the
void return is.
Usefulness comes with use cases ... except this jQuery chainability thingy that
works fine for jQuery structure ( an ArrayLike Collection ) who asked for
map.set(k0, v0).set(k1, v1).set(k2, v2) ? Or even map.set(k0,v0).get(k1) ? what
are use cases for this?

I am honestly curious about them because I cannot think a single one ...
specially with the Set
s.add(k0).add(k1).add(k2) ... this code looks weird inlined like this ...

Thanks for your patience