There is a long history of people publishing annotated versions of language
standards that add informative materials.  The Ecma copyright even explicitly
allows for this.

I think I've said before that there is an opportunity here for somebody to run
with this idea for ECMAScript. You don't even need to have TC39 involved.  (But
there probably are T39 members, like Rick,  who may want to contribute or even
take the lead.)

Allen