Le 28/12/2012 12:51, Andreas Rossberg a écrit :
On 28 December 2012 11:51, David Bruant <bruan...@gmail.com <mailto:bruan...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Le 28/12/2012 11:20, Brendan Eich a écrit :

        David Bruant wrote:

            What about a specific section of the spec called "de facto
            standards"? It would indicate that it's part of the
            standard, but is a scar from history rather than a legit
            feature.
            An intro would explain what this is all about.
            It would be an interesting middleground between normal
            spec features (which people take for the Holy Graal) and
            appendices (which people will skip).
            __{define|lookup}{G|S}etter__ would fit well in this section.

        Those never made it into IE. Why include them? There's a
        bright line drawn by interop.

    I've seen Node.js code with it.

That's a good point, actually. I, for one, do not understand the criteria by which we chose to include __proto__ but not __defineGetter__ and friends.
Maybe the point that it was widely used in Node.js was never brought up? I discovered the first use of it a couple of weeks ago and I did the Google/node_module research I posted while writing the message.

David