On Monday, January 7, 2013, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:

> not always, only when thisArg is needed ... Array#reduce(cb,
> initialValue[, thisArg])
>
> if needed, arr.reduce(cb, undefined, obj) does not look that bad, IMHO

undefined is a valid initialVal and won't cause reduce to fallback to the
first item in the array (I'd that behaviour was desired). Effectively
changing this:

var array = [2,3,4];

array.reduce(cb.bind(ctx))

array.reduce(cb, array[0], ctx);

Not worth it. In fact, it's not even clear now what that param is even
for...

var

Rick