From: es-discuss-boun...@mozilla.org [mailto:es-discuss-boun...@mozilla.org] On
Behalf Of Kevin Smith
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 21:40
To: Mark S. Miller
Cc: Brendan Eich; es-discuss
Subject: Re: Security Demands Simplicity (was: Private Slots)

It seems as if this approach to private class members also allows us to
describe private methods in a convenient way.  Private methods can be attached
to the _prototype_ of the private field object, thus avoiding per-instance
allocation.  Of course, the correct "this" value has to be used in the
expansion when calling the private method, but this approach appears to be
compatible with mixins (whereas private symbols are not).

https://gist.github.com/4561871

Thoughts?

{ Kevin }