Le 04/02/2013 22:41, David Bruant a écrit :
Le 04/02/2013 19:57, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
The post-trap could be cached and reused, but only if the post-processing is independent of the specific arguments passed to the intercepted operation.
Is there any harm in passing the trap arguments to the post-trap function additionally to the result?
I've played with post-traps a bit. A place I would naturally store the post-trap to cache it is the handler.

Assuming trap arguments are passed to the post-trap, another idea is to have pre and post traps. It duplicates the number of elements in a handler, but not the size of the code (or marginally assuming pre/post traps are longer than the boilerplate). Having a post-trap would still be an opt-in, but the protocol to get it would be "callable handler.[[Get]]" instead of the current "callable pretrap-return". One allocation per handler would become the natural default (while the current natural default is a function literal as return value).

David