This is exactly what's proposed for ES6, except s/.source/.value/. See also PEP-380.

/be

Claude Pache wrote:
In order to mitigate the problem, instead of throwing a generic StopIteration, I think we
ought to throw a specific StopIteration instance with information on which iterator has
thrown. More precisely, inside a generator function, a return statement will throw a
StopIteration instance with its "source" property set to the generator iterator
which was terminated.

For manually throwing a StopIteration from inside a "next" method of an
iterator, we could use:

        throw new StopIteration(this)

And instead of "e instanceof StopIteration", we may use a more precise check:

     e instanceof StopIteration&&  e.source === it