Would it be possible to make / what are the thoughts on making `length` mutable
on functions?

Writing to `length` could be a useful functionality for library code. For
instance, implementing something like `bind` correctly requires the arity of
the bound function to be the same as the original function minus the number of
preloaded arguments.

Simplified example:

    var slice = Function.prototype.call.bind(Array.prototype.slice);
    function bind(f, thisArg, ...args) {
        function bound() {
            return f.apply(thisArg, args.concat(slice(arguments)));
        }
        var L = f.length - args.length;
        bound.length = L > 0 ? L : 0;
        return bound;
    }

Of course, `bind` is already on Function.prototype, so an ES6 library has no
need to implement it. I'm only using bind as an example to establish precedent
that writable `length` could be useful in implementing function wrappers.
Consider as a more necessary example implementing an `uncurryThis` function.

    var uncurryThis = Function.prototype.bind.bind(Function.prototype.call);
    function foo(a, b, c) { /* ... */ }
    var uFoo = uncurryThis(foo);
    console.log(
        foo.length, // => 3
        uFoo.length // => 1
    );

This is problematic because we lose information about the arity of the `uFoo`
function which actually takes 4 arguments now: A `this` argument, `a`, `b`, and
`c`.  A simple solution would be to write an uncurryThis which corrects the
arity:

    var bind = Function.prototype.call.bind(Function.prototype.bind),
        callMethod = Function.prototype.call;
    function uncurryThis(fn) {
        var F = bind(callMethod, fn);
        // Correct arity.
        F.length = fn.length + 1;
        return F;
    }
    function foo(a, b, c) { /* ... */ }
    var uFoo = uncurryThis(foo);
    console.log(
        foo.length, // => 3
        uFoo.length // => 4
    );

Currently I have resorted to an `eval` based solution for creating wrapper
functions which are defined with the correct number of arguments when a certain
arity is desired. Obviously this is not ideal.  Writable `length` would help a
lot.

Thoughts?

Nathan