On Mar 9, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Angus Croll wrote:

> 1. Will proper tail calls only happen in strict mode, and if not are we ok
> with losing backwards compatibility re. [function].caller and
> [callingFunction].arguments?

Apparently yes, there is a note in the draft that we reached that conclusion at
a TC39 meeting

> 2. Will tail call behavior apply regardless of the tail call syntax? (fn(),
> fn.call, fn.apply)?

yes, assuming that the actual call to fn is in a tail position within the call
or apply function implementations.  I'll review to spec. to make sure.

> 3. Will tail call behavior apply even when the tail call is not recursive?

yes

> 4. If function fn has a function call in the tail position and is then bound
> (fn2 = fn.bind(x)),  will fn2 also support proper tail calls? (I think this
> is only relevant if (3) is true)

yes, it is only based upon the syntactic structure of the function making the
call, not it's bindings