[sorry if you saw an earlier empty message - unknown keycombo!-(]

That is not my position.  My position has always been that if you want
"logical names", then a reasonable way to do that is via a scheme:

   import $ from "package:jquery";

A possible alternative might be to switch defaults, using generic
relative syntax (<scheme>:<relative>) to keep the two uses apart while avoiding having to introduce a new scheme

   import $ from "http:jquery"; // it's a URL, don't mess with it
   import $ from "jquery"; // it's a logical name, do your thing

The default loader could still cache URL-based resources (permitting
bundling), but should not impose non-URL semantics.

Claus