Le 10 juil. 2013 à 11:26, David Bruant <[email protected]> a écrit :

> Hi,
> 
> I was wondering whether it was any useful to have the thisArg argument in 
> Array#find and Array#findIndex.
> As of ES6, the language has Function.prototype.bind and arrow functions and I 
> would imagine these to be enough to cover any use case where thisArg would be 
> used.
> 
> I know that in the majority of cases I have experienced, there is no need for 
> a specific 'this' at all. In the majority of the remaining cases arrow 
> functions would have been enough. I guess .bind can do the job find for the 
> remaining 0.1% after that...
> 
> David
> _______________________________________________
> es-discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss


* Consistency with every other Array methods that takes a predicate as first 
argument, and thisArg as second argument (map, filter, every, etc.).

* You can use Array#find (and Array#filter, Array#every, ...) now (with a 
polyfill), but you have to wait, say, six years until you can use arrow 
functions on the web (until non-ES6 browsers are dead). Meanwhile, using "this" 
as second argument is the most concise and most elegant way to simulate arrow 
functions. 

—Claude
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to