On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Andrea Giammarchi <
[email protected]> wrote:
> false.hasOwnProperty('whatever');
> 1.0.isPrototypeOf({whate:'ver'});
> 'string'.propertyIsEnumerable('whatever')
>
> these are already examples of an over-polluted prototype with methods
> nobody uses ... I thought 4 extra methods everyone is using same way except
> for Rick that honorees Tesla in this day would not hurt much but once
> again, my point is that it's really about the time to put some standard
> mechanism to deal with events in ES code.
>
> The fact Object.observe is already accepting a handler with an argument
> which is fired as an event smells to me ... I'd rather define upfront a
> common definition of handlers then propose any extra method based on them
> ;-)
>
But they're different things entirely. Object.observe is an implicit
invocation, observer pattern (some may accuse me of being redundant there,
I forgive them) that announces the relevant states and state changes in the
life of an object.
Rick
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss