This is a resurrection of an earlier proposal from Nathan Wall [1], that
would make Function.length configurable.  The initial proposal was to make
it writable, but configurable instead was suggested by Claude Pache [2].

Nathan's original post [1] does a good job of outlining the motivation, so
I won't reiterate them here.  From what I can gather, making
Function.length configurable seemed to receive a positive response [3] [4]
[5], but the thread apparently died.  Perhaps I just need to find a new API
paradigm, but I run into this issue on a regular basis writing callback
utilities, and would be very interested in seeing this move forward.

For convenience, the Function.length spec from the latest draft [6]:

This is a data property with a value of 1. This property has the attributes
{ [[Writable]]: false, [[Enumerable]]: false, [[Configurable]]: false }.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/es-discuss@mozilla.org/msg21786.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/es-discuss@mozilla.org/msg21792.html
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/es-discuss@mozilla.org/msg21793.html
[4] http://www.mail-archive.com/es-discuss@mozilla.org/msg21794.html