On Aug 20, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Andreas Rossberg wrote:
>> I tend to agree that this particular detail should be considered a
>> spec bug.
> 
> Yes, this is a spec bug. How did we miss it? Allen, do you have notes on the 
> history?

I was looking at the change history and ES5-discuss archives earlier today and 
couldn't find anything definitive on this specific point.  This happen as part 
of the larger task of formalizing environment records, variable/function 
instantiations, and the correct lexical scoping of with statements and catch 
clauses.  I suspect we just missed identifying  this very special case as it is 
the only situation in non-extended ES where a FunctionDeclaration can actually 
be instantiated within an inner scope.

The good news is that the FF/Safari behavior is a better match to what we want 
for ES6 inner scope FunctionDeclarations.

Allen
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to