Anne van Kesteren <mailto:ann...@annevk.nl>
September 12, 2013 11:39 AM

I would be okay with not doing these additions until we are more
confident about the correct solution. The polyfills for these are
relatively straightforward and documented on MDN.

Or is your argument that this code point layer on top of 16-bit code
units is not an abstraction? (And only a Unicode scalar value layer
would be an abstraction by implication.)

I didn't write anything about "not an abstraction" -- do you mean "non-leaky abstraction"? Those are rare birds.

Iterators forward and (if needed backward) over Unicode characters (scalar values; I'm allowed to call those "characters", no?) would be good. Github beats TC39 as usual, prollyfill FTW.