See https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-February/028632.html, find "3c. Absolute minimum intersection semantics" [for function in block outside of strict code], and (later) "Class, Modules implicitly strict".

/be

Axel Rauschmayer <mailto:a...@rauschma.de>
September 13, 2013 10:13 PM
Has a decision been made how to handle functions in blocks in sloppy mode? Did I miss it?

Similarly: are only the bodies of modules implicitly strict? Or the bodies of classes, too?

Given the trick with contextually interpreting `let` as a keyword in sloppy mode, all ES6 features seem to be available in both sloppy and strict mode (right?). That seems like a pretty good solution (I also would have been OK with only having ES6 features in strict mode).

Thanks!

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer