On 9/24/2013 11:38 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:
Based on all the great input (thanks to André for his summary, and Mark for pointing out "works always" beats "half-works/half-broken"), and talking to Allen 1:1, I'm back to status quo ante: we are better off being conservative designers by deferring invoke.

If we need to trial it as a strawman extension in SpiderMonkey, we can do that, and we'll report back.

It seems unfortunate that we have to rely on a membrane for something as simply as `new Proxy(new Date, {}).getDate()` to work. [[Invoke]] as currently specced gets us somewhere at least.