Thanks, this really helped me understand the underlying issue here forcing
dynamic resolution of scope here. It sounds a lot harder than I initially
thought

I have to say the fact this is so deeply rooted in the language semantics
is somewhat surprising to me. That said, I think I see why behavioral
typing would be act like this and I expect this to still be a lot harder
than I imagine.

> Here is a counterexample based on the strawman's syntax:

When I pass a parameter `a` to a function and call `a.where` , whether or
not it's an extension method - don't I still have to do dynamic scope
resolution? Doesn't it still have to walk the prototype chain until I find
`.where` - just like if I pass an array-like with `.splice` and send it to
a method using it and it has to figure out it's not Array.prototype.splice?

Off the top of my head - what about for the duration of the scope of these
methods we  "have a prototype right after Array.prototype" - in this
scenario. Doesn't this make `c` go to Object.prototype.where and then
String.prototype.select and all `b` does is another prototype chain look up
before reaching the extension? This is probably another naive suggestion
though.