AFAIK you have those 500ms delay per roundtrip, as you said, but not per
domain.

I am talking about mobile and "radio" behavior where fetching from multiple
sources will result in a roundtrip mess/hell but fetching all resources
from a single domain should result in a roundtrip delay only for the first
file.

Accordingly, avoiding multiple CDN for different external scripts might
help to speed up "first-contact" too.

I don't remember (I might look for it) who brought all these facts on the
table but I remember this was practical/concrete situation 3+ years ago and
I don't expect to be different today.

As summary: if you have 500ms delay and 10 files, you won't have 500 * 10
,s delay but 500 plus common network delay accordingly with your host
"situation" so 500 + (100 * 10) considering a regular 100 ms delay

I mean, still some delay, but it's not multiplied 500 ... that's what I've
meant :-)