On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.r...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

>This is subjective, as I have no trouble reading and understanding what
this means and is expected to do (also subjective).

Of course, this is another way to do it that does not require knowing
regular expressions. I have no doubt that being easier/harder is subjective
here.

> Since I've never actually found this to be a hardship, I'd be interested
in reading through the SO postings you mentioned above.

I don't keep a list :) Here is a bunch I just found:

- http://stackoverflow.com/q/650022/1348195
- http://stackoverflow.com/q/12504216/1348195
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13867182/how-split-a-string-in-jquery-with-multiple-strings-as-separator?lq=1
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19313541/split-a-string-based-on-multiple-delimiters?lq=1
- http://stackoverflow.com/q/4168644/1348195
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9535203/split-string-by-whitespace-and-dashes

This is a _very_ shallow search, lots of the ones I run into are closed as
duplicates refering to the one with the many upvotes above. _Personally_ I
have no problem with regular expressions but many find them confusing in
such cases (I admit, a lot of those are language newbies I run into in JS
chats like that on Stack Overflow that just want JS to do something - but
they're a user base too).