Brendan Eich wrote:
The API Function.defineOperator(symbol, type1, type2) would be perfect to support this. However I assume this is not the intention? Is there any openness to supporting user defined infix operators or at least an extended set similar to Python's PEP 225 proposal (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0225/)?

I'm not proposing syntactically novel operator extension. That is hard in a C-like language, but doable with enough work. It would be a separate proposal on top.

Just to set expectations, this won't be done quickly. As I understand it, http://sweetjs.org/ (macros for JS, Tim Disney's baby) needs to come along farther, and tackle "enforestation", before new infix operators support is anywhere near a strawman for an ECMA-262 future edition.