(I'm operating on the assumption that the Module constructor is still part of the spec):

```
System.define({
  A: {
    deps: ['B','C'],
    factory: function(B, C) {
      var stuff = B.doSomething();
      return new Module({stuff: stuff});
    }
  },
  B: {
    deps: ['D', 'E'],
    factory: function(D, E) {
      return new Module({
        doSomething: function() { ... }
      });
});
```

-Jeff

On 11/1/13, 1:57 PM, Brandon Benvie wrote:
On 11/1/2013 1:28 PM, James Burke wrote:
Perhaps you know how a mutable slot could be expressed using existing
syntax for creating Module objects? Illustrating how would clear up a
big disconnect for me.

If I'm understanding what you mean by "mutable slot", the only way it can be expressed currently is via source rewriting or `with`. That is to say, it is possible currently to emulate how module bindings work today, it's just really ugly.