Le 08/11/2013 20:35, Mark S. Miller a écrit :
Please try -- such experiments are interesting.
I am :-)

But even if this experiment is successful, I hope and expect that we'll have weakrefs and post-mortem finalization in ES7. They are needed for many other things, such as distributed acyclic garbage collection (as in adapting the CapTP ideas to distributed JS).
yes...
Speaking of which, could you explain the use of proxyRef.get from the related example? [1] At least in the executor function, I don't understand how the object could be still alive and why the call is needed.

David

[1] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:weak_references#distributed_acyclic_garbage_collection