Le 10/11/2013 23:34, Brendan Eich a écrit :
Dmitry Soshnikov wrote:
Moreover, for this particular `splice` example, I don't think the `(start, deleteCount, ...rest)` is the best signature (not to say, incorrect signature). As again was mentioned, a var-args function seems should just use the `...rest` params, and exactly starting from the position when the first optional argument is started. And if it's started right from the position 0 (as with the `splice`), then probably the more natural signature would be the `(...args)`.

This gives the wrong function.length result, though (as Allen pointed out).
I wrote in an earlier message that function length is writable, but I was confusing with function name... Sorry about that.
Would it make sense to make function length writable?

David