Le 13/11/2013 08:11, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
On 11/13/13 10:58 AM, David Bruant wrote:
I'm sympathetic with this use case, but Weakrefs seem like the wrong
tool to solve this problem.

I think I agree on that.

Ideally, the ECMAScript error sink would handled both uncaught thrown
errors and unhandled promise errors.

Defining "unhandled promise error" is not trivial, actually, unless you just mean "rejected promise that no one ever sets any reject callbacks on".
That would be my definition. "no one ever sets any reject callback on" is itself undecidable (the "ever" part), but I feel it works well enough in practice. Cases where it doesn't, people have memory leaks. Domain#intercept which looks at the Node error convention (error in async callback first argument) certainly suffer from the same issue, but looks practical enough. I lack the experience with Node domains. If some have it, it'd be interesting to share it.

David