then none of them should throw, imho

startsWith is like dropping the `/^` form a `RegExp`, endsWith like
dropping the `$/` part .. that's it

The problem with RegExp is usually the safe escaping, having 1 char less to
type for a `.test()` - so actually counting chars in the method name is
even more - is not a win

In `/^th(is|at)$/.test(str)` the useful `RegExp` part is in the middle so
what was the reason to not coerce to string as basically every other
`String.prototype` method does already if consistency was actually the
reason ?

Is it because split accepts `RegExp` too ? 'cause that's completely
different scenario.