Le 05/03/2014 09:24, Eric Elliott a écrit :
What ever happened to Array.prototype.contains? There's an old strawman for Array.prototype.has ( http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:array.prototype.has ) that references this thread: ( https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-February/020745.html )
Let's try to add it to the next meeting agenda
https://github.com/tc39/agendas/pull/27

But it seems the thread fizzled out a couple years ago, and Array.prototype.contains didn't seem to make its way into ES6. That seems odd, since we do have String.prototype.contains, and it seemed like it was desirable for DOM.
The DOM won't inherit from it directly, shall it?

It's also a standard utility function in several libraries.

Was it left out on purpose? If so, what was the justification?

I predict code like this without it:

''.contains.call([1,2,3],2);// true
.indexOf === -1 works today for this use case and will continue to.
I'd be happy to see !~arr.indexOf(el) disappear in favor of a use of .contains() though.

David