On Jun 17, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Domenic Denicola <dome...@domenicdenicola.com>
wrote:

>> Interesting questions in that thread about what to do about time zone
>> changes. An event for time zone changes seems important, but we don't
>> currently have any precedent for standard library events in ECMAScript.
>
> Object.observe change records? A synthetic change event seems perfect for
> this use case.

I knew someone would suggest that. :)

Personally, I think that's pretty gross: it's encoding a real-world event (e.g.
I moved into a different time zone) as a reflective object mutation event,
rather than just building an API at a more intuitive level of abstraction. But
I suppose if it works without having to actually standardize anything, then it
just works.

Dave