It doesn't seem an issue that requires the ES6 module spec to have
something like default imports though.

The compiler could output

`
newModule({
  default: require('minimist')
})
`

and importers could do

`import {default as minimist} from 'minimist';`

Or you could have

`
newModule({
  minimist: require('minimist');
})
`

and

`import {minimist} from 'minimist';`

depending on how the compiler is configured/written.

This is implementation detail of compilers and loaders of legacy
systems as opposed to spec concerns.