that's the side effect of having fat arrow in the house, people need to
pray the parser/engine is smart enough to do not create and trash it every
time. all the time, during the loop or everywhere else is abused ... or,
you simply do what you said already, you reuse code and create the callback
outside the loop once which is the preferred choice since quite ever.

I actually recycle functions in .forEach and Array extras too, I'v never
found it inconvenient or less elegant when the operation is not a one off
that needs closure but a complete, non closure dependent, operation similar
to what generic replacers are.

My .02