On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:

> To avoid overly spamming the list I've coallesced my responses to various
> threads over the weekend into this one e-mail.

I really think this makes the discussion more difficult to follow and
certainly more difficult to participate in.

> > > Now, in the main page, you reference the HTML import:
> > >
> > >    <link rel=import href="foo.html">
> > >
> > > Now how would you refer to the modules? We can't have #b refer to it,
> > > since the scope of IDs is per-document, and the import has a separate
> > > document.
> >
> > Separate document implies separate JS global: each needs its own Loader.
> > So the rest of the questions aren't needed.
>
> HTML imports definitely need to expose modules across documents. Are you
> saying this requires changes to ES6 to support? What changes would we need?

You need to give more details about such requirements. What is the runtime
relationship between Imports and other documents? I assume the Import is
providing some state that ends up in the importer but then you are saying
these are different documents.