At the last TC39 meeting ( 
https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2014-07/jul-30.md#44-instantiation-reform-review-create-design-rationale-and-possible-alternatives
 and 
https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2014-07/jul-31.md#44-follow-up-instantiation-reform-create
 ) we agreed to a general direction to try for a new object instantiation 
design to replace @@create. 

Since then I have gotten feedback and had design discussions with a number of 
individuals. This has lead to a number of refinements of the core design and 
one remaining point where there are strong contrary positions. The point of 
contention is about whether or not a subclass construction ever implicitly 
calls its superclass constructor.

https://gist.github.com/allenwb/291035fbf910eab8e9a6  summaries the  main 
syntactic changes since the meeting and provides rationales them. These 
features are common  to both alternates.  this is a good place to start, after 
reading the meeting notes. 

I have prepared two longer Gists that outline the two alternatives designs, 
presents design rationales,  and provides usage examples for a number of likely 
use cases. Note that  there is more commonalities then differences among the 
two alternatives.  the syntactic choices and semantics of [[Construct]] are the 
same for both. 

These two Gist have parallel construction for easy comparison. I suggest 
approaching this is by first readying through one of the Gists and then doing a 
side by side read through of the alternative to see the differences in the 
designs and usage.

https://gist.github.com/allenwb/5160d109e33db8253b62 with implicit super 
construct if no local allocation
https://gist.github.com/allenwb/53927e46b31564168a1d explicit super construct 
required if no local allocation

I appreciate it if major constructive feedback on any of these documents were 
made via Gist comments. 

Allen
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to