On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 9/26/14, 10:03 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>
>> 2)  Say someone runs this in a web page:
>>
>>    (function f() Promise.resolve().then(f))()
>>
>> what should happen when the user navigates away from that web page and
>> why?
>>

> Given the lack of response from other implementors, I guess we'll just
> implement whatever is simplest in Gecko for now...

Sorry for my delay in responding. Can you say what is simplest for Gecko in
this case? One of the reasons I didn't respond to the thread immediately is
that from my perspective Chromium has fairly ill-defined behavior for
navigated-away pages, due to the fact that they often die due to factors
that can't be explained by the platform (e.g., their host process dies). So
I'd be interested in what makes sense for Gecko and whether it might just
happen to be compatible with what we do in Chromium/Blink/V8.

Also, for case (1), is this all happening within one frame, or is this a
cross-frame example?

- Adam