Le 12/11/2014 17:23, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
I agree with your sentiment. I have previously advocated that Array.isArray should be transparent for proxies. My harmony-reflect shim explicitly differs from the spec on this point because people using the shim spontaneously reported this as the expected behaviour and thought it was a bug that Array.isArray didn't work transparently on proxies.
For reference https://github.com/tvcutsem/harmony-reflect/issues/13

As far as I can remember, the argument against making Array.isArray transparent is that it's ad hoc and doesn't generalize to other types / type tests. My opinion is that array testing is fundamental to core JS and is worth the exception.
Agreed. Author usability should trump language purity.

David

Regards,
Tom

    The subject is a SpiderMonkey bug.

    Is that really desirable? Doesn’t it invalidate the Proxy’s role
    as an interceptor?

-- Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
    a...@rauschma.de <mailto:a...@rauschma.de>
    rauschma.de <http://rauschma.de>