On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Michael Dyck <jmd...@ibiblio.org> wrote:
> I'm interested.

OK, thanks. I'll get back to you next week. Unfortunately I'm not around today.

>> Each time a new revision is published, some manual steps are required
>> to map broken links to the right sections in the new document.
>
> Do you mean that old 'es6-draft.html' URLs should resolve to the
> corresponding section in the HTML version of the latest ES7+ draft? (In
> which case, the latter would need to continue to support (remap) all the old
> section-ids.) I wonder if people would find that surprising.

I hadn't considered it.

Given the use cases I know about (mostly es-discuss and in
implementations' bug-tracking databases), I think it's better to do it
the other way, so that ES6-era links continue to point to an ES6 spec.

Starting from scratch will not save a whole lot of work, though. The
work required with each revision is mostly figuring out how to
redirect section-ids that were newly changed in that revision, not
maintaining the old redirects (which is at most some
search-and-replace).

-j