We have `window` in DOM land, `self` in Workers, and `global` in most
common server side JS engines ... plus we have this in ES6 specification:

> In addition to the properties defined in this specification the *global*
object may have additional host defined properties. This may include a
property whose value is the *global* object itself; for example, in
the HTML document object model the window property of the *global* object
is the *global* object itself.

Now, accordingly with this madness:

8.5 millions checks for `typeof global`
https://github.com/search?q=%27typeof+global%27&type=Code&ref=searchresults&utf8=

14.1 millions checks for `typeof window`
https://github.com/search?q=%27typeof+window%27&type=Code&ref=searchresults&utf8=

Does anyone have a concrete reason for NOT specifying **global** as
reference to whatever `window` or `self` reference already?

I've suggested to stick this on top of every wen page:
```html
<script>var global=global||this;</script>
```

and this on top of every Worker
```js
var global=global||this;
```

But I'm pretty sure if ECMAScript would have that in specs we might see the
end of the debate and the infamouse `typeof window` or `typeof global`
check.

Thanks in advance for thoughts