Just to avoid misunderstanding ...

> without even reading what DOM had to offer before

I meant it went out through a pragmatic approach with a non Events based
emit model and few inconsistent choices regarding listeners in terms of
both interface and the inability to interfere with non owned ... we need a
better approach to EventListeners if it has to be implemented in core,
something that could work in both client and server world.

Again my 2 cents