On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Andrea Giammarchi <
andrea.giammar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark, properties on the prototype are in TypeScript, and probably every
> other OOP based language. Defaults can be easily defined as such, i.e.
>
> ```js
> class Person { name = 'anonymous'; age = 0; }
> ```

At <http://www.typescriptlang.org/Playground>, putting this code into the
left pane causes the right pane to show

var Person = (function () {
    function Person() {
        this.name = 'anonymous';
        this.age = 0;
    }
    return Person;
})();

which clearly indicates that these are *not* properties on the prototype.
They are per-instance, but merely written with a confusing syntax that
misled you into believing that they were properties on the prototype.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM