> A more interesting issue in my view is whether a prefix (`::obj.meth`) is
> the best syntax. An infix alternative like `obj->meth` might be interesting
> if the left term is itself a complex expression.

You could always use parenthesis:

Right - I think there are going to be two points of contention regarding
the prefix form:

1. Is a unary prefix operator appropriate, given the somewhat "magic"
dereference+bind behavior?
2. Does the fact that `::obj.meth !== ::obj.meth` amount to a footgun?

The infix form faces some different challenges:

1. Is it okay to encourage the "floating" method style (a la Jussi's
library)?
2. Aren't we sacrificing polymorphism and is that a bad thing?