I echo this. E is a dynamic language with many similarities with JS,
including a similarly C-like syntax. In E I use
everything-is-a-pattern-or-expression all the time. When I first moved to
JS I missed it. Now that I am used to the JS statements-are-not-expressions
restrictions, I no longer do, with one exception:

When simply generating simple JS code from something else, this restriction
is a perpetual but minor annoyance. By itself, I would agree that this
annoyance is not important enough to add a new feature. However, if rather
than "adding a feature", we can explain the change as "removing a
restriction", then JS would get both simpler and more powerful at the same
time. Ideally, the test would be whether, when explaining the less
restrictive JS to a new programmer not familiar with statement languages,
this change results in one less thing to explain rather than one more.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM