On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Mark S. Miller <erig...@google.com> wrote:

> [...]The main reason for listing something in Annex B:
>
>   * It is normative optional -- if the feature exists at all, it must
> exist like so.

As the proposal says:

Some of the elements of Annex B are safe and likely mandatory in practice,
> independent of host environment:
>
>    - escape and unescape
>

>    - Object.prototype.__proto__
>

>    - String.prototype.substr
>

>    - The String.prototype methods defined in terms of the internal
>    CreateHTML: anchor, big, ..., sup
>

>    - Date.prototype.getYear and Date.prototype.setYear
>

>    - Date.prototype.toGMTString
>

>    - __proto__ Property Names in Object Initializers
>
> <http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/#sec-__proto__-property-names-in-object-initializers>
>
> Some of these are messy but none are unsafe or inherently stateful. I
would welcome an investigation into which of these are in fact normative
mandatory in practice, independent of host environments. For those, I would
welcome proposals to move them into the main normative mandatory text.
However, I do not have the energy to pursue that myself. Thanks.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM