Older versions of IE did not support [^] as a way of saying any char as I discovered when writing minified passes so I'm surprised to hear that IE has consistently supported []. On Jun 3, 2016 9:48 AM, "Andy Earnshaw" <[email protected]> wrote:
> IE has supported all of these for as long as I can remember. AFAIK, it's > never been a requirement _in browsers_ to escape [ inside a character class > or ] outside e.g. `/[[]/` ([ is inside) or `/[]]/` (] is outside). If it's > not the case in the spec (I haven't checked the spec grammar), it should > probably be classed as a spec bug for compat reasons. > > On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 at 14:20 Boris Zbarsky <[email protected]> wrote: > >> On 6/3/16 4:20 AM, Isiah Meadows wrote: >> > These three RegExps don't appear valid, even after reading the Annex B, >> > but they do behave consistently in both Chrome and Firefox. >> >> Note that Chrome and Firefox use the same regexp implementation, so them >> agreeing on how a regexp is handled means a lot less than if two >> independent implementations agreed. >> >> -Boris >> _______________________________________________ >> es-discuss mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss >> > > _______________________________________________ > es-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss > >
_______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

