​First I'd like to state that I don't mean to suggest that this is
"simple", in practical terms, as either a spec change or in application of
the feature in day-to-day code.​

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Jason Orendorff <jason.orendo...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I get that to you, that's all it is. But I have trouble seeing how that is
> true in any objective sense. In the spec

​​The point I was trying to make is that "to me" is exactly the perspective
I was hoping to share as people writing JavaScript don't have an intimate
understanding of the spec more often than not. In teaching people who spend
most of their time writing JavaScript where each line starts with `$(...)`
I get more questions about things that look like they should work some way
in one place because it actually works that way in another than anything
else.

I don't seek to trivialize either side of the argument but with syntax in
particular I would hope that complexity additions be back-loaded into the
spec rather than front-loaded onto users.

I apologize FOR MY USE OF CAPS TO EXPRESS emphasis. It's a bad habit :P

- Matthew Robb