To be honest, introducing new throw-on-invalid value behaviour to existing
function that didn't throw before looks rather like a bad design for me.
Personally I wouldn't abandon accept-anything behaviour of Number, but
rather add method Number.from that will throw on all values that shouldn't
be coerced to number.