On 10/22/16 12:52 AM, Zach Lym wrote:
I recently ran into a discrepancy between Chrome and Firefox's
implementation of Intl's currency formatting mechanism and the
official spec.  I didn't want the output to have any significant
digits so I used the following:

    new Intl.NumberFormat('en-US', {maximumSignificantDigits: 0,
currency: 'USD', style: 'currency', currencyDisplay: "symbol"});

This works fine on Chrome and Firefox

It does?  When I do that in Firefox I get an exception:

  RangeError: invalid digits value: 0

What would it even mean to have 0 significant digits? Mathematically that makes no sense; if you have a digit at all, it's presumably significant so the smallest number of significant digits that makes sense is 1. Which is what the spec and the polyfill and Firefox (and Safari; I just checked) do. Sounds like V8 just has a bug.

I filed https://bugs.chromium.org/p/v8/issues/detail?id=5554 on V8.

-Boris
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to