On 11/13/2016 12:33 PM, Isiah Meadows wrote:
> Okay. Is it a spec bug then? Throwing a ReferenceError is surprising and odd
> IMHO.

I think so -- having different sorts of early errors makes it a little less
clear what sort of error should be thrown when two early errors of different
types are in the same script.  Last I knew, the spec was basically just waiting
on someone to experiment with pulling the trigger to make everything a
SyntaxError.  I've been meaning to do that for awhile, but it's not a high
priority.

Jeff